Please note, this post may contain affiliate links. Visit Devine Fairytale’s Disclosure Policy for more details.
Walt Disney World is where dreams come true and every moment is filled with magic. However, with its vast size and popularity, navigating the dining options can be quite a challenge. Disney has made the dining experience more convenient with the option to mobile order with the My Disney Experience app. Let’s walk through using mobile order at Walt Disney World and some tips and tricks to use during your next vacation. Using the Disney app to mobile order your food is one of my favorite tips!
What is Mobile Ordering?
Mobile ordering is a feature within the My Disney Experience app that allows you to order food and beverages from select quick-service dining locations at Walt Disney World and pay for it all within the app. Instead of waiting in long lines, you will pick up your food at a designated time This will save you precious park time!
Download the My Disney Experience App
The My Disney Experience app is available for download in the app store for free. Once you have the app downloaded, be sure to sign in with your Disney account information. If you don’t have a Disney account, you can create one for free.
If you need to set up your My Disney Experience account, take a look at this blog post with helpful tips and instructions for getting your account ready to use!
How to Use Mobile Order at Walt Disney World with the Disney App
Using mobile order is a breeze! Here is a step-by-step guide to get you started.
- Download the My Disney Experience App. If you haven’t already, download the official Walt Disney World app, “My Disney Experience,” from the App Store or Google Play.
- Once you have the app, link your park tickets and a payment method to your account. This will allow you to make mobile orders and charge your meals to your Disney account.
- Open up the My Disney Experience app and sign in to your account.
- Once you’re in, tap on the “plus sign” in the middle at the bottom. Then select the “Order Food” option.
- You’ll see a list of restaurant options sorted by location. You can view “As Soon As Possible” options or “Schedule for Later.”
- Find the restaurant you want to mobile order from and select the “Begin Order” option.
- Browse the menu, add your items to your cart, and select your preferred pickup time. You can also add some customization options to your order. However, for very specific customizations, you may not want to mobile order.
- When you’re finished, click on the “Review Order Summary” button. Make any adjustments and proceed to payment. Your card will be charged once you confirm your order.
- After payment, you’ll receive an order confirmation on your screen and in an email. You’ll be able to view status updates to your order on the app.
- You’ll be given a time window to pick up your food. Be sure to show up during that time!
- Once you’re within your window and near the restaurant, you’ll be able to select “I’m Here, Prepare My Order.”
- Once the app tells you your order is ready, head to the Mobile Order Pick-Up area and show them your order on your app.
- Enjoy your meal!
How many restaurants use mobile ordering at Disney?
There are over 60 restaurants at Walt Disney World that offer the option to mobile order throughout the theme parks, water parks, resorts, and Disney Springs. View the full list of restaurants here.
What types of food can I order with mobile ordering?
You can order anything off the menu that is available for mobile ordering. This includes appetizers, entrees, snacks, desserts, and non-alcoholic beverages.
Where do I find the Mobile Ordering Pick-Up area at each restaurant?
The Mobile Ordering Pick-Up area can be found in different locations at each restaurant. It is typically to the side of where the quick service orders are being taken.
How can I pay for my Mobile Order?
You can pay for your Mobile Order using a credit card, debit card, Disney Gift Card, Disney Rewards Redemption Card, Apple Pay, or the Disney Dining Plan when it’s available in 2024.
What if I have special dietary needs?
If you have special dietary needs, look for the Allergy-Friendly icon when viewing the menu of a restaurant. This will show options based on various special dietary needs. Some of these options include gluten/wheat, egg, fish/shellfish, milk, peanut/tree nut, and soy.
Tips and Tricks for Mobile Ordering at Disney
Now that you know how to use Mobile Order, here are some tips and tricks to make the most out of using this convenient feature on your Disney vacation.
- Plan Ahead: Plan your dining options in advance by reviewing menus on the app and selecting your desired locations and meal times.
- Take Advantage of Slower Times: To avoid longer pickup times, try to schedule your meals during off-peak hours, like late morning or early afternoon.
- Notify the Restaurant: When you arrive at the restaurant, don’t forget to tap the “I’m Here, Prepare My Order” button in the app. This lets the kitchen know you’re ready for your meal.
- Use Mobile Order for Breakfast: Mobile Order is not just for lunch and dinner. Many quick service locations offer breakfast options, so consider using it to skip the morning crowds too.
- Collectible Souvenir Items: Some dining locations offer exclusive collectible items that you can add to your mobile order.
- Keep an Eye on the App: Be sure to check the app for real-time updates, including your estimated pickup time.
- Select One Person to Order for the Group: If you’re using mobile order with a group, have one person place the order for everyone to help avoid confusion and make it easier to get your items.
- Stay Connected: Make sure your phone is charged and has a good connection to the park’s Wi-Fi or mobile data. You don’t want to miss notifications about your order!
My Favorite Mobile Order Options at Disney World
- Casey’s Corner at Magic Kingdom: With a vintage ballpark theme, including retro decor and live ragtime piano music, Casey’s Corner is the perfect place to grab a delicious hot dog, corn dog nuggets, or chili cheese fries.
- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Café at Magic Kingdom: This Frontierland gem offers Tex-Mex delights. Order their fajitas, nachos, or burgers and have them ready for pickup when you arrive.
- Connections Eatery at Epcot: This quick-service restaurant is located in World Celebration at Epcot. It offers a variety of American, Italian, French, and Asian cuisines.
- Woody’s Lunch Box at Hollywood Studios: Located in Toy Story Land, Woody’s Lunch Box serves up nostalgic, comfort-food classics. Order the grilled cheese sandwich or the Totchos and save time for play in Andy’s backyard.
- Docking Bay 7 at Hollywood Studios: One of the standout locations for mobile ordering in Disney’s Hollywood Studios is Docking Bay 7. Found within the immersive world of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Docking Bay 7 offers a culinary adventure that’s truly out of this world.
- Satu’li Canteen at Animal Kingdom: In Pandora – The World of Avatar, this unique quick-service spot offers customizable bowls with choices like grilled chicken, beef, tofu, and delicious toppings. Mobile ordering here is a must to make the most of your Pandora experience.
Mobile Order at Walt Disney World is a game-changer, reducing wait times, ensuring quick service, and allowing you to spend more time enjoying the attractions and entertainment that make Disney World so enchanting. Follow these steps and tips to make your Disney mobile ordering experience as magical as the rest of your visit and enhance your vacation!