Please note, this post may contain affiliate links. Visit Devine Fairytale’s Disclosure Policy for more details.
Corn casserole, a beloved comfort food, has earned its place as a staple dish at family gatherings, potlucks, and holiday feasts. Its creamy, sweet, and savory combination makes it a hit with both kids and adults alike. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a novice in the kitchen, this corn casserole recipe is a must-try for anyone looking to add a touch of nostalgia to their table. It’s easy to make and only uses a few ingredients!
Corn Casserole at the Holidays
Corn casserole, a beloved comfort food, has earned its place as the ultimate holiday side dish. Whether it’s Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any special occasion in between, this corn casserole recipe is a must-try for anyone looking to add a touch of warmth to their holiday table.
As the holiday season approaches, we all yearn for dishes that evoke cherished memories and create a sense of togetherness. Corn casserole, with its rich and comforting flavors, perfectly complements the hearty feasts that define our holiday traditions. It is an ideal accompaniment to turkey, ham, or roast dishes. Plus, the golden brown top adds a festive touch to your table. This dish is not just a side; it’s a delightful reminder of the warmth and joy that the holidays bring to our hearts and our homes. So, this year, make your holiday spread complete with the ultimate holiday side dish – corn casserole. Your loved ones will be asking for seconds, and the memories made around the table will be truly unforgettable.
What You’ll Need
- Mixing Bowl
- Whisk or Hand Mixer
- Cooking Spray
- 8 x 8 Baking Dish
- 1 Can (15 oz) Corn, drained
- 1 Can (15 oz) Creamed Corn
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Stick Melted Butter
- 1 Box Corn Muffin Mix
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F and melt the butter.
2. Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the drained corn, creamed corn, sour cream, and melted butter. Stir until well mixed.
4. Gradually add the cornbread mix to the bowl and continue to stir until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
5. Season your mixture with salt and pepper according to your preference. Don’t be shy with the pepper – it adds a nice kick to the dish.
6. Pour the mixture into the greased baking dish, spreading it evenly.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 45-55 minutes, or until the casserole is golden brown on top and set in the center. You can insert a toothpick in the center
8. Let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Variations for Corn Casserole
- Mexican Corn Casserole: Add 1/2 cup of chopped jalapeño peppers, 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro, and 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder to the batter.
- Cheddar Corn Casserole: Stir in 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the batter.
- Bacon Corn Casserole: Stir in 1/2 cup of cooked crumbled bacon to the batter.
- Green Chile Corn Casserole: Stir in 1/2 cup of chopped green chiles to the batter.
No matter how you make it, corn casserole is a delicious and versatile dish that is sure to please everyone at your table.
Corn Casserole Storage
Corn casserole can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes, or until heated through.
Tips for the Best Corn Casserole
- If you want a richer flavor for your corn casserole, use whole milk instead of sour cream.
- If you prefer a firmer texture, reduce the dairy slightly.
- While canned corn is convenient, using fresh corn cut from the cob can elevate the flavor and texture of your casserole. If fresh corn is in season, consider giving it a try.
- You can prepare the casserole mixture a day ahead and refrigerate it until you’re ready to bake. This can be a time-saver on busy holiday mornings. Just be sure to set it out for a bit for baking to bring it back to room temperature.
Another holiday favorite in our house is Dairy Free Green Bean Casserole – get the recipe!
Corn casserole is a versatile dish that complements various occasions. Whether it’s a Thanksgiving feast or a summer barbecue, this simple yet delicious recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. It’s comfort food at its finest, bringing warmth and familiarity to your table. So, gather your ingredients and start baking – you’re in for a treat!