Please note, this post may contain affiliate links. Visit Devine Fairytale’s Disclosure Policy for more details.
It’s no secret that this is my favorite time of the year. I thought it would be fun to put together a Holiday Bucket List to check off during this season. Hopefully this can give you some fun, new ideas!
Use these idea to fill in the month of December with some of these ideas and create some extra special memories with your family and friends. If you love a good visual, print out the checklist image below and put it up on your refrigerator, a bulletin board, or you can even add it to a frame and use a dry erase marker to check items off the list.
What is a Holiday Bucket List?
A holiday bucket list is a compilation of items that you put together for yourself or your family to enjoy during the holiday season. Traditions, adventures, things to eat…it’s all up to you to fill up your holiday bucket list with things you love! Need some idea? Keep reading!
Holiday Bucket List Ideas
- Visit a Christmas Tree Farm: Just outside of Tallahassee, there is a sweet little Christmas Tree Farm in Havana, Florida. There are rows and rows of trees and it is just so pretty! Take a look and see if there is one near you that you can visit.
- Hot Cocoa Bar: This is a lot of fun and always a favorite of ours! Get out all kinds of toppings to make whatever fun hot cocoa creations you can come up with. Here is a blog post to give you some ideas for your own hot cocoa bar.
- Christmas Movie Night: Is there really anything better than a Christmas movie full of magic? Cozy up with a blanket and your favorite holiday snack and enjoy your favorite holiday movie.
- Decorate the Tree: Add a family night to your calendar to get out all of your decorations and make your Christmas tree shine together.
- Make a Holiday Playlist: Here is a Spotify playlist full of some of my favorites you can use to get started!
- Drive Around to Look at Christmas Lights: Some people really go all out and we love to drive around different neighborhoods to see the lights. We also love to visit Dorothy B. Oven Park in Tallahassee to see their incredible set up!
- Bake Cookies: Does your family have a special cookie recipe for the holidays? Or decorate some sugar cookies with royal icing and sprinkles and enjoy them together!
- Christmas Craft Night: Pick a night and come up with a few fun and easy crafts that the whole family can make together.
- Build a Gingerbread House: A classic holiday tradition. If you have enough people, you could even turn this into a contest to pick a winner.
- Get New Christmas PJs: We love Christmas pjs over here and look for a new pair each year. Perfect for wearing Christmas morning, or all season long.
- Donate to a Local Organization: Not everyone in our community is able to enjoy this time of year. Give back in a way that can do good for someone else. Look for toy drives in your area, donate items and you can even volunteer your time to a food bank like Second Harvest, or donate items to a women’s shelter for those that need them.
- Pick Out a New Ornament: A wonderful tradition to start, if you haven’t already, is collecting a special new ornament each year. Maybe it’s from a trip you took or something that reminds you of a special memory. These ornaments add special touches to your tree!
- Send Christmas Cards: Pick a favorite photo from the year and print some Christmas cards to send to your loved ones. If you’re not looking to print out cards, you could even write a few sweet notes to some family or friends you haven’t been able to see in awhile.
- Get Cozy by the Fire: Drink some hot cider, read a good book, or even just take some time to enjoy peace and quiet.
- Surprise Someone with a Gift or a Treat: Do something nice for someone. Give a little gift to a neighbor or leave out some snacks and water for your delivery drivers during the busiest time of year.
- Kiss Under the Mistletoe: The ultimate romantic holiday tradition.
Holiday Bucket List Checklist
We also include a Disney trip to see the holiday decorations and eat all of the treats on our list!
I would love to hear what items are on your Holiday Bucket List. Please share them in the comments below. I love hearing about new traditions and fun adventures!
I've never been to a tree farm! I've always wanted to though. It sounds like a beautiful and fun experience. I'm excited to see you fulfill all of the other fun activities on your holiday bucket list!
I fell in love with it and the pictures turned out great!
My Big Fat Happy Life
I have always wanted to visit a tree farm! It sounds like so much fun! Can't wait to see you complete all your other items on your bucket list!
As soon as I saw it for the first time, I knew I wanted to take pictures out there!
We don't have tree farms here in Florida. That would be so much fun to do on vacation sometime!
This is actually in Florida! I'm not sure what part of the state you live in, but you can look on this website for next year: pickyourownchristmastree.org/FLxmastrees.php 🙂