Please note, this post may contain affiliate links. Visit Devine Fairytale’s Disclosure Policy for more details.
My friend, Laura at Lolo Home Kitchen, is so talented! I asked her if she would come up with some fun, Disney inspired recipe ideas to share with you in this guest blog post. Make sure to check her out for more easy and delicious recipes on her blog and her digital e-cookbooks.
We love having a movie night in our house! It’s such a fun time of excitement, treats, pillow forts, popcorn, and late bedtimes! Such a fun family tradition or a date night activity. I took some of my daughter’s favorite Disney movies and paired them with fun and easy treats you can make for a Disney themed movie night at your house! Nothing difficult or time consuming. Get your kids in the mix too!
Of course I had to include Frozen. There was just no question about that. It’s probably Leah’s favorite movie of all time. I have to admit, I love Frozen too and have found myself watching it by myself many times after Leah has left the room.
What better sweet treat goes with the snowy movie Frozen than some warm, rich, and creamy hot chocolate. This is the real deal hot chocolate, no package here. But don’t worry, it’s so easy to make! Don’t forget the marshmallows, lots of marshmallows. Check out the recipe below for all the cozy details!
Disneyland Copycat Hot Chocolate
3 Cups Milk
1 Cup Heavy Cream
1/2 Cup Cocoa powder
1/2 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips (or Milk or Dark Chocolate)
1 Can (14 ounces) Condensed Milk
1/8 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1. In a saucepan, combine milk and heavy cream. Over medium heat, bring to a simmer (do not boil).
2. In a small bowl, combine cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and about 1/2 cup of the hot milk mixture. Stir together until melted and smooth. Slowly add to the saucepan and whisk quickly until completely combined.
3. Add condensed milk and vanilla extract. Stir until combined. Simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
4. Serve immediately or place heat to low (you could also put in a crock put on low). Add whipped cream, marshmallows, anything your little heart desires! Enjoy!
The Lion King
The Lion King is a classic that I was really excited to show Leah. I was worried she may have been scared at some of it, but then she totally surprised me and fell in love with Pumbaa and Timon. And, of course, the music. So for a night of watching the Lion King you should definitely make these Grub Brownies! So much fun, super hands on, and easy too! Grab some brownie mix, frosting, Oreos and the most important part- Grubs (aka- Gummy Worms)! Make your brownies, frost them, and then assemble the dirt and grubs! A really fun addition to movie night.
Lion King Grub Brownies
Brownie Mix, cooked to box instructions
1. Prepare brownies according to box instructions, let cool.
2. Once cooled, spread the chocolate frosting over the top of the brownies. Next, sprinkle Oreo cookie crumbles over the top of the frosting.
3. Then the fun part, get the kids involved in this one. Place the gummy worms all over the top and push them into the brownies so they look like they are crawling up and out of the “dirt.”
4. Admire your cool dirt and grub creation, then slice up and eat while you watch Pumbaa and Timon.
The Jungle Book
A classic Disney movie that kids will love forever. This one never goes out of style. Also, every kid’s dream is to live among the animals. Leah was so excited to mash up bananas for these Mini Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins to go along with the Jungle Book! She was also very excited to add the mini chocolate chips….a lot of them. Take these straight from the oven, add some butter and start eating! Recipe below for these easy and delicious muffins!
The Jungle Book Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Butter, melted
3 Super Ripe Bananas
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
2 Cups Flour
3 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
Mini Chocolate Chips
1. Prepare a mini muffin tin with nonstick spray (don’t be shy with the spray). Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together melted butter and sugar. Add eggs and stir up again (no mixer needed).
3. In another bowl, mash up the bananas until they are not very lumpy anymore. Add the bananas to the other mixture and stir all together. Add in lemon juice, stir again.
4. Add flour, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips. No real measurement, just as many as you like. Then stir until just combined, careful not to overmix.
5. Spoon into well greased mini muffin pan. Fill about 3/4 full and sprinkle some more mini chocolate chips on top of the muffins.
6. Bake for 13-15 minutes until the sides just start to turn golden brown. Let cool about 5 minutes then pop them onto a cooling rack.
Toy Story 4
Between Frozen and Toy Story, I’m not sure which one we’ve watched more. Toy Story is such an incredible movie and I love that the movies have spanned generations. When Toy Story 4 came out, it was so fun to take Leah to the movie theater for one of her first in person movie viewings. And then….we watched 117 times at home after that. Leah absolutely fell in love with Forky. I did too. Forky is hilarious and adorable and fun. So when it’s time for movie night at home, why not make some super easy Forkys to have while you watch! These are fun and easy and will be a huge hit.
Toy Story 4 Marshmallow Forky
Lollipop Sticks, Straws or Popsicle Sticks
White Chocolate Melts
Red and Blue Food Coloring/Gels
Red Pipe Cleaners
1. Place a lollipop stick into the large marshmallow. Set aside.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate melts in 30 second increments, stirring after each until melted and smooth. Pour half the white chocolate into another bowl. Drop one drop of red food coloring in one bowl and a blue drop in the other. Mix and add more food coloring until you reach the desired color of each.
3. In one Ziploc bag, pour the red and in the other pour the blue. Cut a small piece off of the Ziploc to make a piping bag. Design the eyebrows with the red and the open mouth with the blue. It does not have to be perfect (clearly mine are not) because kids don’t care and that is the beauty of it all.
4. Use a litle of either color to place a tiny dollop on the back of each candy eyeball and adhere to the marshmallow.
5. If desired, twist red pipe cleaners around the lolipop stick to make his arms.
6. These set fairly quickly and then you are ready to serve to your movie guests!
The Little Mermaid
Yes, Leah loves the Little Mermaid but if I’m honest, this one is really one of my favorites. It’s a classic and I can sing every single word to Part of This World. No seriously, every single word. That will be in my brain forever.
These little clam shell cookies are an easy and fun treat with a big payoff.
Little Mermaid Clam Shells
Pink, Blue and Purple Food Coloring or Gels
Candy Pearls or Balls
1. Divide your frosting into 3 separate bowls. Add a drop of desired colors into each bowl. Mix and add more to get the desired colors.
2. Use a piping bag or a Ziploc with the corner cut off. Take one Nilla wafer and pipe the frosting on the inside of the cookie and closer to one edge. Use a squiggly motion to stack frosting on top of each other.
3. Take the other Nilla wafer and place on top of the frosting at an angle to make your clam shell.
4. Place the pearl candy in the middle. Done!
Wasn’t this so much fun! We would love to see your Disney Movie Night Snacks. Tag us on social media so we can share: @LoloHomeKitchen and @ShannonDevineTravel!
[…] you are trying to find ways to bring some of the magic to your home until you can visit again. Disney movie nights at home with fun snacks or playing a Disney playlist on Spotify while you work are some ways I’ve talked about on the […]
[…] Need some more Disney movie night ideas? Check out this blog post: Disney Movie Night Snack Ideas. […]