A new year is always a great time to start with a clean slate and regroup after the chaos of the holidays. Sometimes clutter can overwhelm our homes and our minds. If you are in need of a quick fix, here are ten things you can declutter right now! If you aren’t sure where to jump in, this can be a great starting point. They are simple and don’t feel quite as overwhelming as an entire closet or those kitchen cabinets. Grab a trash bag and press play on your favorite playlist; let’s go!
Here are 10 things you can quickly declutter right now:
- The infamous junk drawer
- Your email inbox
- The medicine cabinet
- The stash of gift bags, tissue paper, and bows
- All of the papers – coupons, magazines, catalogs, receipts, etc.
- Tupperware with missing pieces
- Socks that are worn out or without their mate
- Books you’ve already read and won’t read again (swap these books with friends!)
- USB cables and chargers
- Reusable shopping bags
Ready to start organizing? I am obsessed with The Home Edit and their line at The Container Store. I linked some of their best items below if you’re ready to take your decluttering to the next level!