Please note, this post may contain affiliate links. Visit Devine Fairytale’s Disclosure Policy for more details.
The air fryer is one of the most popular kitchen appliances around – and for good reason. With an air fryer, you can quickly create delicious snacks and meals with less fat and fewer calories compared to traditional deep-frying methods.
Plus, the hot circulating air cooks food from all sides at once, so your food gets crispy and evenly cooked on the outside while remaining moist and juicy on the inside. No wonder it has become a favorite! Read on for all of the best tips for cooking in your air fryer oven.
Cooking in an Air Fryer Oven
Air fryers are a great way to cook our favorite dishes without all the added oil and fat usually associated with traditional frying methods. Air fryers use heated circulating air to quickly and evenly cook food, resulting in deliciously crunchy snacks and meals that are healthier than deep frying.
Plus, you don’t have to wait for the oil to pre-heat or deal with disposing of used cooking oil afterwards – making air frying one of the most convenient cooking methods out there. Try experimenting with different ingredients in your air fryer today, and you’ll soon understand why so many people love this appliance!
What kind of Air Fryer should I get?
When it comes to choosing the right air fryer, there are a few things you should consider. The size and capacity of the fryer will depend on how much food you plan to prepare at once, while the wattage of the appliance will determine how quickly your food cooks.
Additionally, some models come with preset functions and adjustable settings that can help you customize your cooking experience. They often have a touch control panel that’s helpful for setting the temperature and timer, as well as accessing pre-programmed settings.
You’ll also want to decide if you need a small air fryer or family-sized air fryer to make larger quantities.
We suggest doing your research to find an air fryer that has the features and capabilities you’re looking for, so you can get the most out of your kitchen appliance. With the right air fryer, delicious, healthful dishes are just a few clicks away!
We have the Beautiful 6 Quart Touch Screen Air Fryer by Drew Barrymore and it’s perfect for our home. The matte finish and sleek design are so pretty. It also comes in a larger, 9 Quart option with two baskets for a larger household.
Can I Reheat Food in My Air Fryer?
Yes! Your air fryer is a great tool for quickly reheating food – especially snacks like fries and chicken nuggets, or leftovers. But remember to keep an eye on the temperature of your food while it’s cooking, as some ingredients can overcook very quickly.
For optimum results, set the temperature to about 350°F (176°C) and run the air fryer for 3-4 minutes. As always, use caution when handling hot food items from the air fryer oven. Enjoy your delicious snacks!
The Best Foods to Cook in an Air Fryer
When it comes to heating, reheating, or cooking food in an air fryer, the possibilities are endless. Air fryers can be used to cook fish, meat, vegetables, and anything else your heart desires.
Some of our favorite foods to cook in an air fryer include French fries, chicken nuggets, wings, vegetables, and even desserts like donuts or brownies. Tater tots in the air fryer are a delicacy all on their own!
Here are some of the best dishes to make in an air fryer:
1. French Fries: Cut up potatoes into thick wedges or fries, season with your favorite spices, then cook in the air fryer for a quick and tasty snack. Tater tots in the air fryer are always a big hit too!
2. Fried Chicken: Make restaurant-quality fried chicken without all the mess by marinating chicken pieces in buttermilk then coating them with a mix of flour and spices before cooking in an air fryer.
3. Vegetables: Whether it’s sweet potato wedges or cauliflower florets, almost any vegetable can be cooked in an air fryer for a delicious side dish or snack. So easy!
4. Spring Rolls: For those looking for something a little bit more adventurous, try wrapping your favorite ingredients such as pork, shrimp, or vegetables into spring roll wrappers before cooking them in an air fryer for fresh flavors and textures.
5. Bacon: You are going to love this one! It comes out nice and crispy and there’s a lot less mess when you cook your bacon in the air fryer. All you have to do is place a single layer of bacon in the basket leaving some room for the air to still flow. Cut the bacon in half if it fits better that way!
6. Desserts: Tired of the same old cakes and cookies? Try air frying them for a unique twist on your favorite sweet treats.
Frozen items like chicken nuggets or chicken strips, pizza rolls, pot stickers, and onion rings are all easy and convenient for a quick side dish. They are perfectly crispy after cooking in the air fryer!
If you need some more ideas, check out the Taste of Home Everyday Air Fryer recipe book to really dive in.
Helpful Tools to Use with Your Air Fryer
There are so many different air fryer options available now, so be sure to check that the item is compatible with your machine before purchasing. Most items are universal but sometimes the size and dimensions of the basket can make a difference.
1. Olive Oil Sprayer: Easily spray an even mist of olive oil onto items before placing them into the air fryer to cook. While you can use a brush to apply the oil, the sprayed is much easier and a favorite kitchen item of mine.
2. Silicone Tongs: You’ll need these to turn items over hot items or remove them from the air fryer. The silicone tips won’t damage the non-stick surface of your air fryer basket.
3. Silicone Basket: If you are cooking something that might be a bit messy, you might want to use a silicone basket in your air fryer. It will keep any mess contained and make clean up a breeze.
4. Silicone Cupcake Liners: If you want to make cupcakes or egg bites, these are the perfect liners for your air fryer. They hold their shape well and can be placed directly in the air fryer basket.
5. Parchment Paper Liners: Another great option to eliminate a messy air fryer basket. I like that these liners have holes in them so that the air can still flow through them. Be careful though, do not preheat your air fryer with parchment paper inside!
No matter what you decide to make in your air fryer, you’ll definitely enjoy guilt-free snacking that tastes just like deep-fried foods – minus all the grease! With an air fryer, you can have all your favorite snacks and meals with a fraction of the fat and calories. So go ahead and start cooking delicious meals in your air fryer today! Enjoy!
I hope to finally get an air fryer soon
You’ll love it!
I have an air fryer and we love it. We use it almost every day.
Same in our household!