Getting out and enjoying the nice summer weather is the perfect way to spend time with your significant other. Here are some great summer date ideas to make the most of the season and think outside the box for your next date night.
The most important thing to remember when you’re planning time together is that simple dates can be some of the best. These are easy and inexpensive ideas. When you’re not spending a lot of money on fancy nights out, you can plan dates more often without guilt. And more time together is always summer goals, right?
Date Ideas for Summer
Summertime is the perfect opportunity to enjoy dates! The sun stays out later, making it easier to spend more time outside together. Here are some ideas for summer dating that will keep you busy until the stars come out:
- Go for a hike – Take advantage of the beautiful nature that surrounds us and go for a hike together! This is a great way to get some exercise in while enjoying each other’s company.
- Have a picnic – This one is a classic summer date! Pack a lunch, grab a blanket, and find a nice spot to have a picnic. Finding somewhere with gorgeous views is a plus! This is a great way to relax and enjoy some quality time together.
- Visit a farmers market – What’s more summer than fresh fruits and vegetables? Support your local farmers and spend some time strolling through the market picking out some goodies to bring home. You could even try out a new recipe for dinner with the items you found at the farmers market.
- Take a scenic drive – Take in the sights and enjoy the weather while you go for a leisurely drive. This is a great way to relax and explore new areas together. Make a new playlist to sing along to before you head out on the road.
- Visit a winery or brewery – Summer is the perfect time to sample some of the area’s best wines and beers! Most wineries and breweries offer tours and tastings, so you can learn about the process while enjoying the finished product. You may find a new favorite!
- Explore a new town or city – Take advantage of the warmer weather and explore a new town or city together! This is a great way to see new sights and experience new places. I bet you can find a hidden gem nearby.
- Ice cream shop or creamery visit – Summer wouldn’t be complete without some ice cream! Visit your local ice cream shop or creamery and sample some of their seasonal flavors.
Morning Date Ideas
If a.m. dates are your preference, then check out these creative ideas that are sure to please.
- Start your day with a cup of coffee – There’s nothing better than starting your day with a cup of coffee and good conversation. This is a great way to wake up and get started on your day.
- Take a walk in the park – Get some fresh air and enjoy the scenery while you walk and talk. This is the perfect way to get some exercise in while spending time together.
- Visit a museum – Spend a summer morning by visiting your local museum. You will be able to learn new things and have some fun together.
- Have breakfast in bed – Start your day off with a special breakfast in bed. Slow mornings are so relaxing.
- Go for a swim – Spend a summer morning going swimming together. You’ll cool off from the summer heat and have some fun. Even lounging in a chair and soaking up some Vitamin D afterwards (with sunscreen, of course!) would be great.
These are just a few summer date ideas to get you started on planning the perfect summer activity with your significant other. With a little creativity, you can have a great time together no matter what you decide to do.